Monday, November 19, 2007

unwanted babysitter

the whole living alone thing is great and i'm loving it.. no need to tell anyone where i'm going.. take the keys i'm out the door.. no curfew yet no specific time to be home at.. eat, clean, do laundry and do everything else when and how I want.. walk naked if i wanted to (not that i do that :P).. in other words i'm wthout a doubt loving it to bits right now..

but the mother wants me to have a room mate.. or my previous baby sitter aka the cousin.. it's not that i dont love/care for the cousin or nething.. i do, and i'll always will.. but i can do my own things now and take care of me.. have been doing it for a while.. and why now.. say even if i lived with the cousin and sacrifice a little bit of my new found freedom, i dont want that person to be my baby sitter.. mother suggests that the cousin go with me for dinner with my friends at night because it's too dark to drive back.. wtf? am i to take someone with me even if that person's not invited..

I know mommy dearest suggests these only because she cares and wants me to be safe etc. but i wish they understand i'm not a baby anymore and i have my own life to live.. and i completely hate to make my life a big brother watching episode, nor someone following me around like that tail jolie wears in beowulf..

2 comments:

  1. Mommies will be mommies eh? In their eyes we never grow up. Mine still calls up all my friends to find out if I'm OK if I miss one of the regular "home calls". However, like you said, it's simply because they care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the living alone thing, been doing it for almost 6 years now. It's still a bit of a chore to remember to wear clothes to bed when I go back to my parent's place as I generally sleep naked if I'm alone:)

    ReplyDelete