Friday, November 23, 2007

do you text and..

drive? It's crazy to see how many people actually text on their blackberry or cellphone whilst driving 100-120kmph. the reason I thought of blogging a bit about this was I was reading about this whole texting while driving thing and how it often causes accidents..

I had passed quite a few drivers who were driving with one hand while texting a message on their phone with the other.. this friend of mine does it quite often and it's scary when i'm in my friend's car sometimes.. I personally am guilty of reading text messages while i'm on a red light, but I do not text while driving. As soon as I get in the car I fix my handsfree gadget thingy and i'm ready to go! I try to keep my eyes on the road at all times.. as that article said.. it is a killing machine that we drive.. you are not just putting your life in danger but also your friends, family, and others..


so do you text and drive?

1 comment:

  1. It's outrageous that ppl do that while driving. It drives me nuts when ppl do all sorts of crazy moves on the roads while yapping away on their cell phones. I personally think that ppl who text + using mobile phones (I'd love to add a bunch of others to the list but lets just stick with these two for the moment) without a hands-free device should be fined. Some states in the US do and I don't see why not everywhere else. All it takes a fraction of a second and things could go so wrong if you're not careful specially when driving at highway speeds. And like you said... it's not only your life that you endanger but many others around you as well.

    ReplyDelete