Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Shutters and Ghosts

Apparently shutter island was a high grossing movie. what was I doing when it was on theaters. sucking my thumb or just plain scared to even watch the trailer to see what the movie was about. that dvd cover sorta thing scared me out really! i'm a chicken shit, in case that wasn't apparent.  anywho, after watching Inception, I was recommended to watch the hottie's earlier flick, Shutter Island.. thanks to the gods and goddesses of the torrent-lands I saw it couple of weeks ago.  It was kinda scary at certain parts, but really wasn't all that pee in your pants scary.  and i loved it, i really did.  certain things were predictable, but others weren't (argh i know i'm making no sense - i just don't want this post to be a spoiler).  I highly recommend to anyone, who hasn't watched it. a good piece by scorsese.

on the other hand, more recently I watched the ghost writer.. which was literally about a ghost writer played by Ewen, hired to write an autobiography of a politician, Pierce. looovve Ewen and Pierce both.  But it was kind of a stupid movie. just wtf happened! seriously.  There was suspense all throughout the movie, but almost no bloodshed and violence, I mean I'm okay with that.. but almost no bloody story, or ending or climax.  Kim's british accent was hilarious, and painful to listen to. I googled afterwards to see if there was anything I didn't catch, but nah! it was just plain disappointment.  Polanski failed!

No comments:

Post a Comment