Friday, August 27, 2010

discover the playah!

during my rare travels in the train, I listen to music that's been put in to the ipod by my roomie. thank you! and today was one of those rare travel days, fortunately.

after Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice (awesome song) came 'atheethaya sihinayak pamanayi' by K. Divulgane.  I was surprised myself to know that song existed inside my barely used music player thing. and it was such a pleasant surprise.  that song is sick! it's dead on, and couldn't have listened to it at a better time. such a beautiful song, is written by a thero, and long time ago I heard that it's all about buddhism and the teachings of buddha.  Whilst the out-of-this-world melody blasting in my ears, I was trying to fathom the lyrics there for a second.  and yeah it all makes sense according to dhamma teachings.. irrespective of that, it's one of my new found favs.

*hums the song and goes in to emo funk.

3 comments:

  1. Yes it is a nice song I like it as well. But "La Dalu Bopath" has to be Divulgane's best in my opinion!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXaZmQrxcE8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree on the song. Very thought provoking that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks anon for the share. will check it out.

    ReplyDelete