Friday, October 26, 2007

winter's knocking

It's almost the dawn of winter in this corner of the world, and I hate winter with a passion. Having grown up in Sri Lanka, I'm still craving for the sri lankan warm climate, even though we grumble everytime we go out in the sun and start sweating like pigs. Come to think of it, we grumble for every weather, regardless of whether it's warm or cold.

anywhooo yes! winter's knocking at the front door, while summer secretly ran from the back door. I realized it this morning when I went to my car, already few minutes late to find out that the windows/windshield is freaking frosted!!! I had to switch on the car and crank the heater full blast, find my frost/snow scraper thingy and do the necessary so that I could see. Front and back both!!! I was screaming inside since I was already late, and so mad that the damn building is covering the sun. Sun wasn't even winking at my car, if it did I wouldn't have to be scraping at eight in the morning with NO GLOVES!!! and that wasted five minutes of my time, leaving me nothing but rush to work in the damned traffic and eating my bagel inside the car and trying not to look like I'm stuffing my face!

A colleague at work pops in this morning saying, ohh it's the first day of frosty grass! meh!

hmmph! may be I should find another parking spot. Or leave home ten minutes early everyday 'til winter ends?!?

1 comment:

  1. I just switched to heat today. Winter's not all bad. I love snow but -20C cold spells and mounds of dirty snow depress me to no end. But as PBS said "If winter comes, can spring be far behind?" literally... sigh!

    ReplyDelete