Monday, October 29, 2007

dedicated to you - malli

I call him malli, but he's not. Age-wise he's actually about 5+ months older than I am. Not related to me in any way (as far as I know). The term 'malli' is from what his parents/family call him, and I got used to it since he felt like family to me, or even closer. We've been friends for a long time, hmm since we took classes together and our special friendship is about 6 long years.
We had our ups and downs, you've cried to me so have I. Many happy times, few heartbreaks, but yet you and I have never fought nor have we stopped talking. Even though we live miles apart and see each other may be once a year or even less, we always have been able to keep in touch this way or the other. One person who's always been there for me, have had faith in me, and encouraged me in every way possible. The lamest jokes we cracked and the little inside jokes we had made it all the more fun and memorable.

He's someone I'll never fall for, nor would I secretly think the other way around. Thank you for taking care of me, being there for me, and more than anything listening to me..
I miss those hours long phone calls (that sent home five figure phone bills), in which we talked about everything and nothing. I miss watching movies, the movies we both loved. I miss those times we just hung out and talked about life and where it'll take us, and where we want to go and what we want to become.

wish you were closer...

I miss you!

3 comments:

  1. Seems like a nice guy.

    If you don't know what a nice guy is, refer
    http://www.jagszone.com/other/ode_guy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi have a similar story, but I used to call her nanga and she used to call me malla. She is 5+ months older than me, we have been friends for over 9 years. But now we are married to each other, but live thousands of miles apart because I am doing my Ph.D in Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. r: yes he is =). and lol thnx for the description of what a nice guy is..

    hakim: wow nice to hear ur story, but i'm pretty sure i wont fall fr the subject of my blog post hehe.. u must be missin her heaps..

    ReplyDelete