Friday, September 3, 2010

Rome

I remember the many times all of us friends would make plans and go see the Shakespeare drama competitions thrown by the high schools. it was always a fun day at the wendt to first see the audition rounds and then finding out who's slid to the finals.. and not to mention meeting up and chatting with many of our 'crushes' lol. oh the high school times!!! I wanna be 16 again.

so what I was trying to get at is, apart from all the flirting and mischief, I loved watching the actual dramas.  Quite competitive in their own way, and creative nonetheless.  Julius Caeser i must say was my favourite out of the dramas especially since I love the whole ancient roman, egypt and greek godness going on.. anthony and cleopatra, and mind you the asterix comic books (ya hah!), had me interested in JC.

recently a good friend recommended I watch the tv series Rome, that was aired in 2005-2007 ish. man is it ever good.  The story pretty much revolves around two Roman soldiers in the Roman Republic/JC's time, and closely related to the Julii.. they have spent so much time on the tiniest and most intricate details.. but it's a really good show if you are interested in that stuff. it seems like a huge production where they've spent oodles of money on the sets and costumes and what not. it's a shame that they had to let go of it after two seasons.  perhaps spent too much money! 

No comments:

Post a Comment