Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chopped

off 8" of my long locks last Saturday.  one of the craziest things I've done to meself or rather have sean (the bestest hairdresser everr!) do on my hair.

It could be partially self pity and welcoming/unwelcoming the big changes in life, but mostly to remember the best granma in the world, who died of Leukemia, twelve years this October.. the lengths are for the cancer society for a wig. Luckily or unluckily she didn't have to undergo chemo, but there's millions who do, and I sincerely hope that someone would benefit from it, and feel good. Today, it was stamped and addressed to the cancer society, in a ziploc and securely sealed in a bubble wrapped envelope.  Kinda creepy feeling, carrying it around my bag.

dad, who likes it longer, didn't take it so well, but mom made him understand. all of this through skype makes is far more easier.  best friend who didn't know what it was all about initially "eek-ed" the new do, but then I had to pour the reasoning in to that brain too. I can feel that mom doesn't like it either, but meh!  it's not like it's a pixie cut, it's more of a classic long bob. I think it looks alright, big change. but good change. just a lot of getting used to since I personally have never seen my hair this short ever. feels so light.. I thought I'd cry before/during/after.  Didn't shed a single tear, to my surprise..

to change!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dee: thanks

    nemesis: yes it's a big change. and i'm getting used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. has to be one of the most liberating feelings ever.Good on you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. seesaw: talk about it. I was such a chicken shit when it came to my hair. and this is probably the bravest and the most liberating thing i've done in a long time. it felt really good, walking out of there.

    ReplyDelete