Monday, January 14, 2008

take care and BS...

I think all of us are used or accustomed to certain good bye clauses/phrases, be it email, texting, chatting or any other means.. a lot of it has been shortened.. tc for take care.. ttyl for talk to u later so on and so forth right..

so recently i was talking to a friend of mine who i've known for a long time and we were just catching up with each others lives on msn and the conversation was wrapping up. I had to go off and so did he. then it was the time for the good byes. I said my good byes with a take care and a budusaranai (a religious phrase - that I'd say only to family and close friends depending on the person and the situation), and gave regards to the family etc. He in turn says take care (tc) and bs, leaving me with nothing but a ?

After a few minutes I figured and he sorta typed (guessing that I was confused) that BS is budusaranai, just that everyone had made it short.. im like wtf?:S?!?!? BS is Bull Shit in my vocab and in many of the people I know but this is new and does not feel right lol.. I got this BS phrase on an email sometime back too in which I ignored for a typo or something like that and never bothered to question about..

Quite interesting and understandable how people have shortened words up for texting purposes and stuff, without realizing that BS is bull shit for a lot of ppl.. if there's no space for something like that in a text msg I'd rather not say it.. anyway that's just my opinion..

7 comments:

  1. Hey, u r absolutely correct. Please spread the word(more).
    Budusaranai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AB,

    I'm going to kill the next person who says Budu Saranai, God Bless or Insha'allah to me.

    If you must greet in Sinhala, why not say Ayubowan or Hemadama Obata Wediwediyen Kiriyen Peniyen Ithirewa. The abbreviation would be AB and HOWKPI.

    Tc & Howkpi,

    Mal.

    PS

    No BS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazingly enough I think I agree with Justmal on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely true! he he he...jeez,only now I know what they mean when they say BS! omg(!!!)
    yea and you are so true about stuffed up messages.lol. the last line reads..."TC.Ttyl.BS.GN.SD..."
    GN~g'nyt
    SD~sweet dreams...
    whatever! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm... thats interesting!!! :-)
    BS my dear!! ;-) heheh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting and good to see how everyone has their own opinion about it.
    LOL @ mal. howkpi to everybody :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL at just mal,

    never knew BS meant budu saranai!
    prob(probably) cuz (because) non of my friends ever say that to me in emails(electronic mails) etc (erm etc?)

    well BS to you too.

    ReplyDelete