Wednesday, January 9, 2008

a pinch of recreation









since school's done (at least for a while), and it's wintery, I was thinking that I should get into a recreational activity of some sort. One reason is to make better use of my new-found free time, and the other is to be a little fit :S (if that's at all possible), and get rid of some of the unwanted fat forming here and there (too much eating duh!)
so anyway, off I go to the ymca rec centre that's close by to work and only about 15-20min drive from work, got myself a membership card with a smudged and blurry picture :S (they took the picture! not me!). came home with a whole bunch of brochures and leaflets. I think it's a good deal.. Even if it's a little pricier than regular gyms, this place has a fitness centre, pool, sauna & hot tub (great for my bitchy back!), and all the classes held at the centre is also included in the membership fee.

I started with swimming coz i didn't wanna jump into the gym and the whole works and become so sore that I won't be able to wake up for work the next day. Tried to get there before work and get to work after the work out, but that only worked one day. today I was too sore to wake up that early. that resulted in going swimming after work, which wasn't that bad but too many people.

It's been only two days, and i'm still pumped and happy that I finally got a gym membership. May be I'll join one of the on-going classes.. either pilates or yoga or something.. or else I'll just start gyming.. hopefully I wont break into two trying to be hard core and cool! :

we'll see how it goes.. at least it's a start... or else I'll need one of those work-out fairies..

3 comments: