Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sri Lanka Highlighted

the absence for a month or so meant going on vacation. yes to Sri Lanka! this is so I'd reminisce throughout the year...



- It all started with the most amazing dumplings in singapore. thanks shorty!

- the initial gush of hot air and the feeling of being boiled and overflowing in my skinny jeans, right when you exit the flight

- just hanging out with parents, and doing whatever they wanted to, going wherever they wanted to take you - seeing the smiles in their face.. happiness!

- home cooked food

- surprisingly, just the few times of shopping.. and mom swiping the plastic. yay me!

- impressive selection of coffee joints in and around colombo, rather Tea joints in my case. and dude the coffee places amaze the balls out of me.. a coffee was more expensive that a starbucks frap. jeez!

- great lunch and quiet dinner dates with N, K, and S (separately duh!).. catching up on each other's lives.

- many coffee dates with friends.. and feeling rather godey not knowing where the watchamacallit veranda or the mews is..

- meeting B after years.. i will visit you there, i promise!

- random meet ups and interesting conversations with friends, regardless of the place and time... when I felt like i could bitch slap Timing and continents!

- thanks for the beach fix even if it was rather short

- quite interesting revelations by a close friend.. felt much closer after. thank you and i miss you!

- brought me a smile when people still had my phone number even after so many years and knew the call was from me. felt special!

- Another's engagement..

- When bestie came to see me just coz I have the flu, and the many long chats, even if there was nothing to talk.. it just felt good!

- the Acupuncture and ayurveda.. gah the sciatica!

- Night outs with different and random lots.. letting lose on the dance floor, I still got the crazy in me.

- Seeing the expression on her face when I said I don't really drink, and needn't drink to have a good time.. she was speechless, literally! and was she ever glad i didn't drink after the one night we had..

- driving for the first time in colombo, full throttle! exhausting..

- smiles, and the laughter over drinks and appies.. of old, real, genuine friends..

- most of all, I miss Amma~

May be the one time I felt I should move back, for good.  Feel like I'm missing out a lot, especially with family, as the parents get older.

'til next time..

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time :) I will never forget the feeling of coming back home after 16 months away. You just can't describe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i did! it was almost too good to be true at times. thanks GS.

    ReplyDelete