Thursday, December 3, 2009

My H1N1 Arm

I open my work email this morning to a "no line ups at the clinic today".. and that's the h1n1 vaccine and regular flu shot clinic. I've never got a flu shot before, but as the death toll of h1n1 started rising every day a part of me started convincing myself that I should at least get just the h1n1 shot.. mainly because I absolutely hate getting sick (I'm sure everyone is), and this one particularly said to be one of the worst.

Since the shots became available to all general public I was quite hesitant in getting it, mainly after watching this video of the cheerleader who's now suffering from a neurological disorder after getting the flu shot. But I mean, what's real and what's not?!?! plus they (whoever they are - i think W.H.O) claims that there has not been any severe complications from the h1n1 vaccinations.

As my upcoming travel plans and germy airports came to my mind I thought what the hell, I'm only going to get the h1n1 shot and since they are announcing that the line ups have died down and I don't want to be sick during holidays, off I went to the clinic during my lunch hour. After only about a very decent 15 min wait I get the shot - obviously on my non-dominant arm.. wait for 15 minutes to see if there are any after effects and that sorta thing, and I'm back to work with kind of a sore arm.

oh boy does it hurt now..! I can barely raise my arm.. had quite a difficult time taking clothes off to jump in the shower, and putting them back on.. I'm almost leaning towards taking ibuprofen or acetaminophen.

argh, why do I take these things upon me!!!?!? stupid pig!

No comments:

Post a Comment