Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Recreational mishap

After forcing myself to come up with some kind of new year resolution, here I wrote about my step towards a pinch of recreation.. and trying to be fit as some may call.. after very random times a week, i'm still hanging in there in the loop and dragging myself to the rec centre.. regardless of the fact that the fitness-fairy is looking at me or not..

anyhoo.. out of the norms I thought I should go for a swim on a Saturday morning. quite chilly outside but meh, who cares.. I go for a swim.. swim more than I would on a weekday, jump in the hot tub for a little longer than usual as well (rather 8-10mins), and off I go for a shower.. While in the shower I felt light headed but didn't really care. Went to the locker room and start getting dressed.. i start blacking out.. things were becoming unclear and was becoming grey.. I knew it was bad news, I came out of the changing room and dragged myself to the benches near the lockers where more people would hang out.. unconsiously sit/lie down on a bench.. asking some lady for help..

creepyness..

I didn't completely pass out.. I was aware of everything happening around me.. by the time the first-aid girl came running I was getting back to normal.. low blood sugar may be she said?:S and gave me some gatorade sorta drink.. may be I didn't cool off the hot-tub effect.. luckily I didn't have to drive back home..

quite eventful and scary at the same time..

6 comments:

  1. Hope youre ok now. thats a way way scary thing to happen... ughhh not fun, that blacking out sensation :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. the long swim coupled with the hot tub stay may have made you woozy. especially if you hadn't eaten before hand. i feel the same after coming back from the gym and taking an extra long, extra hot shower. just a dazed, light-headed feeling. i've never blacked out though, hope you're ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. low blood sugar is known to give that light headed woozy kind of feeling. blacking out...i did when i was around 10 and man, it's no fun waking up to see countless faces peeking at you, saying nonsense like "is he alive?" needless to say, i stood up, and fainted.again.on the spot. :s

    ReplyDelete
  4. dili: yes it was scary, and i'm okay now. thank you =)

    t: yep I think I worked out too much that day, + the instant hot/cold change affected too i think.

    incognito: hilarious. luckily there was only one lady peeking at me saying 'do you hear me?'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey..
    Sorry to hear about this... hope you're alright... Why does something have to go wrong? sigh...
    take care of yourself oki..:) :hug:

    ReplyDelete