Wednesday, August 29, 2007

stage fright ?!?

Finally the project for the internship was completed and it was my BIG day today, the presenting..! the only thing i didnt do was in fact pee in my pants.. train me on a dance routine and throw me on stage i'll be fine, but presentations gives me creeps.. i was scared to the bone since the presenting was to be in front of the work people who are thousand times smarter than I am and they are geniuss!!!! few minutes before all I wanted to do was dig a hole and bury myself.. yes yes, i know i'm only the little intern and i'm allowed to make mistakes and they won't laugh at me etc etc. but omg the stage fright (or whatever one may call it) was insane.. I remembered what I was told many moons ago when I performed on the stage, 'practice makes you perfect' and I did practice couple of times by myself for an imaginary audience and yes it almost made me perfect but not quite... All in all I think I did alright, better than I expected myself. I can pat myself and say 'hey you did a good job (even though you almost peeed in your pants - but that's OK)'. The presentation ended up in a conversation between the audience and yours truly, and by the end of it I did know what I was talking about (surprise!).

It was a great experience working here.. it will surely be missed..

Few months left for yet another even bigger presentation... not looking forward but yet looking forward for the grand finale..

No comments:

Post a Comment