Friday, October 8, 2010

Trust in me

as I sat on an aesthetic chair at the Indian salon to get my eyebrows done, I thought of how much "Trust" I have on people I encounter every day. You just sit there trusting that she wouldn't completely wax/thread away so that you look alienish.

How much trust we have on people? and why do we do that?

from hair cuts, to sitting on a plane trusting your life with the kitkat eating pilots, to jumping off a stage hoping that the audience would catch you without breaking your bones, to telling your dirty little secrets to friends or confidantes you think you can trust.. what if things fall through? Do we trust them, coz we think they are good at what they do? or we think they love us, and your chummy friend will not spill a word to your worst enemy? or how and why would you trust whatever they say about themselves or the other? they could be easily lying through their teeth..
and then, why do we sometimes feel that you can trust your life with someone?

Obviously there are levels of trust. at least I do. You can pinky promise and swear on things, hoping the other would trust you and believe you.. but why would they? it would only take a second to break that trust and hurt them..  and once that trust is broken, could that be mended again? ever? is that promising never to lie again..?

Is trust what build relationships.. is that us hoping that people care or love us.. quite honestly, I don't know.

beats me.







image credit: http://www.loveamourlove.com/LoveArticles/Jealousy_Infidelity_Other_Love_Problems/qlyg1.html

3 comments: