Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Flat on my ass

after a real cold spell we had a really really good weekend, that requires no outer-wear during the day..

nice enough weekend.. sun was almost scorching, not as much as it used to be during the past few weeks in sri lanka. but it was hot enough to go to the beach.  off we pack with a change of clothes, towels, and skim board.. go to the beach. and pretty much the only thing I had in mind was to sit there relax..soak all the sun in.. have a drink, eat in the patio on the strip.. and come back home, may be with some gelato..

the other half wanted to Skim board in the puddles.. and luckily the tide was out, and there was perfect puddles for skim-boarding. sure enough we go to the water, i just sat in the sand enjoying and worshiping the sun god.  the other one was skim-boarding.. kind of!  forcing me to come and 'try' this sport I've never done, and only heard about it not too long ago.  so it looked fun, the water was only up to your calf may be, if not less.  even though I didn't prepare for any water action, i.e. no bathing suit... i thought, sure I'll give it a try.  tried couple of times, didn't seem to be getting the hang of it, and sure I kept on trying.. thinking I'll succeed at last :P.. alas.. the only thing i successfully accomplished was falling flat on my bum.  in slow motion, I threw the skim board to the water/puddle, and tried to jump on it to kind of surf/skim on the water.. off I go with a "thud".. flat on my ass!  Just like I would on the ice i.e. second day of snow..



long story short..

after several rubs, sprays, and a doctor's appointment later.. I'm not broken, tail bone's intact.. severe pain killers, anti-inflammatory type medication after meals.. still walking with a limp.

4 comments:

  1. Again you should try... master the art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaaaaawwwwwww...hugs..
    btw what is skim-boarding???

    ReplyDelete
  3. nemesis: LOL there's plenty of sunny days ahead at the beach.. i actually might try it again.. shame on me! psst!

    nuwan: psst you wouldn't be laughing if that was you :P

    penny: hugs. thanks Penny. umm skimboarding is kinda like surfboarding but with a smaller board and shallower water.

    ReplyDelete