Monday, March 8, 2010

the feng shui-ness

i had some family over during the last couple of weeks staying at my place until they get settled and what not. they aren't my immediate family, but very close and i was more than happy to play host, even though i barely walked to the kitchen during their stay.. may be just to make my morning tea, and that was it. courtesy of auntie i got all meals covered, including work lunch. yummy sri lankan food.

it's only when you live with people for a little while you realize how different they do things around the house, their customs.. ways of living etc etc. even though you are pretty much from the same family. so, i took them to a furniture store to purchase beds for them, they pick one, checked prices etc. all happy and okay move on to picking mattresses.. and oh all of a sudden that bed is no good. me being me who can't keep my mouth shut, as if it's my money, had to ask why the change of mind. apparently that bed has wooden pieces that are vertical on the headboard?!? and it's a big 'no no' according to feng shui? wtf? are you for real.. roomie and I looked at each other, smirked, giggled, exchanged our own little expressions, and move on sure whatever.. so we are back to square one. but somehow managed to leave the store with some success.

I honestly do not have anything against people who follow whatever floats their boat.. but dude you shouldn't close your washroom door because feng shui says so? ayyoo.. now I wasn't joking about that one either.

I'm yet to find out what this is, pardon my ignorance.. may be it brings positive things to your life.. i wish, just may be! off I go googling away my new found feng shui..

2 comments:

  1. Recently I have been following a little fengshui in my life and it does work. Quite amazing actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. santhoshi.. that's great. I should look into it a bit more. may be it might just brighten up mine too. =)

    ReplyDelete