Sunday, February 17, 2008

the world is full of...

male chauvinists? desperate fuglies? or just nutcases with no tongue brakes?

not venting.. speaking out loud i guess.. argh may be it is just venting..

where I work it's casual fridays everyday.. put on jeans n' a top, off I go to work every morning. But I make sure I wear decent.. anyways couple of months ago.. at work this fugly western-chinese man passed a comment.. 'crystal you look sexy today'.. i ignored and thought may be he couldn't find a better way or a more appropriate word to give a compliment..

last week was yet another stupid remark.. I go to the back.. that same employee goes 'crystal, i'm picturing you naked' ... I was like wtf? I thought I couldn't hear it the first time and was polite enough to pardon.. then he repeats.. so I had heard it right the first time. I was furious but managed to ignore the nasty comment and replied with a casual 'give it a rest man'.. spoke to the person I wanted to speak with and went to my desk.. other co-worker who heard it found it very awkward too..

I dont know I found it very uncomfortable. or may be i'm overreacting.. am I?

anyway... some people just need to get laid... or else desperation overflows to the point that if it wasn't at work he would've gotten a good one across his face..

5 comments:

  1. nah, you're definitely not over-reacting..
    I would've felt the same way..
    But I would've definitely said something harsh if I wasn't in a good mood and he would never want to see me again..:)

    or, if I was in a good mood, i'd have said something very sarcastic that he would still never say anything like that AGAIN!

    if there's a next time, give it tight..:) coz ignoring might make him want to 'try again next time'..

    ReplyDelete
  2. no overreaction on your part, first comment could have been ignored, second was offensive.

    If you are in Sri Lanka I guess not a lot that you can do but a cold shoulder should work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fugly western-chinese man: 'crystal, i'm picturing you naked'

    Crystal: 'Yeah well, i'm picturing you naked too and i think im gonna puke'


    Could work? might never come around ever again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wear a wire ..and send it to your boss.

    ps-this will only work if the chinese guy is not your boss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks guys for the encouragement.. i was right i wasn't overreacting, but i didnt wanna make a whole scene at work coz of that.

    Nice one dili.. lol..

    and damith: No he's not my boss.. boss is a way nicer guy..

    ReplyDelete