Monday, February 4, 2008

of sororities and shopping...

what's this blogging about weekends.. may be i'm too pre-occupied during the weekdays I don't pay much attention to stuff happening around me or nothing really happens.. heh

friday noonish, phone rings at work.. friend of mine calls and talks me into going across that night with a bunch of girls for shopping.. wooot! in my mind - there goes my pay cheque. that's one of my new year resolutions by the way, reducing the amount of money spent on shopping.. esp. shoes and clothes..

anyway inevitably I say yes sir! go home pack a few .. hit the road... the girls I had to hang out with were those sorority types that I hate the most.. I don't even know how to describe them I just know they are those annoying and bitchy kind, who sorta walks about five feet off the ground and live in a dreamy world..

'like' was almost the only word they knew.. for ex. 'my phone bill like was so like expensive, and like my dad like was not like impressed'..that by the way was an actual sentence that came outa one of them.. anyways that ain't my business.. however I think it was a big generalization and a stereotyping from my part.. when you get to know them it wasn't that bad. they were quite nice and i think have good intentions and a big heart inside... or not..

the weekend I thought will be a nightmare and one of the worst, didn't turn out that bad afterall..

for better or worse, I didn't shop 'til I drop... quite happy about that!

5 comments:

  1. I have great fun dropping intellectual bombshells when I am with a group of dumb girls. Start a random topic about particle physics or organic chemistry, their expressions are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @darwin
    It's not only for airheads dude...
    The moment you start on ANYTHING resembling that, most people are just "Oh.. look at the time!" or "I think I left a light on at home..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Air heads annoy the fuck out of me! But of course you should never judge a book by its cover either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol true. umm one of them actually thought that chinese people speak in chinese :S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that must've been fun... sometimes i like to bring out topics which seem alien to the people I'm with...

    whats fun, is to get along with someone who pretends to know and tries to add up.. i do it too sometimes for fun...:-)

    ReplyDelete